Chia inspired Refrigerator Jam
Pectin-free and no REFINED sugar just honey and baby you will love this!
Get out a blender or food pro and blitz the following and sub out what you like but just keep the amounts the same for the type of fruit.
1 + 1/3 cup strawberries/gooseberries/blueberries/raspberries or find your own fruit or berry you like – raw Oh dear GOD in Heaven please wash your fruit before blitzing these!
2/3 cup rhubarb – raw Yes rhubarb is sour but it is actually a traditional medicinal plant and it adds a good balance to the very sweet notes of the fruit. You can adjust this a bit but please try the recipe as is and adjust once you start your own scientific process of adjustment for you and your family.
2 T raw honey (or to taste) Just a note about local honey it is good and it supports a local flowers and fruit growers in the area.
2 T chia seeds From the humble chia pets of days gone past have now given us an amazing versatile food that can give us extra protein and thicken up our recipes.
Process all ingredients in a blender, pour into jars and refrigerate overnight. Good idea to label with a date on these just for good housekeeping. Chia seeds gel up when they are gotten wet so they are great way to thicken up many things including the fruit puree. Also as you can see even if you are afraid of using a stove you can make this because there is no need to cook the fruit. I have a friend who is terrified of making even a grilled cheese sandwich so this is something even he can make. Provided he cleans up after!
Anyway I found this original recipe and I have made my jam with raspberries and it was great and I was thinking I am going to try this again and see about making blackberry jam too like this.
Hey everyone so there have always been detox recipes for a long time so you don’t need to look far to find one but I was researching and I realized you can really customize a detox drink to suit you.
Here is the major players in a normal Detox sometimes called a cleanse or weight loss jump starter. This drink is meant to replace all meals for usually a minimum of 5 days but various notations from doctors and nutritionists say that as long as you are healthy you can have this for up to 30 days.
Water – (16 oz) Maybe this goes without saying but it is the key ingredient and cannot be left out of any recipe.
Tart citrus fruits (2 Tablespoons) Another key ingredient and most recipes call for lemons to make something like a lemon aid but that is really limiting so her is the list of citrus fruits that I have found you can use in a detox drink: Lemons, Limes, Key-limes, Kumquats, Tangerines, Grapefruit
Sweetener (1 teaspoon) really needed because it is the bulk of where the calories come from but this really should be done to taste so play with it and the varieties of sweeteners that are out there now. I personally like to use Honey but you can use raw sugar, stevia, ect.
- Warning Do Not use a chemical modified sweetener that is 0 calories because you will need the calories.
Pepper such as cayenne pepper (dash) is often used but you are not limited to it infact I have used paprika and the reason for using it is to boost your vascular system a kick.
Vinegar such as Apple cider vinegar (2 Tablespoons) is put into the mix because it helps to balance your ph via the enzymes in it and helpful bacteria.
- Also if you have the opportunity to try drinking vinegars you should they are wonderful.
Cinnamon (1 teaspoon) is not in every recipes as well but helps with metabolism and managing sugar balances. So it is great if you are diabetic and really makes this drink accessible to diabetics.
Ginger (1 teaspoon) is also a great detox ingredient but is not in many of the recipes I have found but I like to add it. It helps with digestion and blends well with citrus fruits.
Have fun with making this
Found a good recipe I think that people would enjoy well I know I enjoy it. Going Vegan is easy with fun things like this to put in your mouth. I am still working on what I want to do about cheese because I know it is not so healthy but it’s so yummy. Forgive my weakness but I want to be happy and healthy.
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, divided
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (12 ounce) package firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon oregano, salt, and black pepper.
- Slice tofu into 1/4 inch thick slices, and place in bowl of cold water. One at a time, press tofu slices into crumb mixture, turning to coat all sides.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook tofu slices until crisp on one side. Drizzle with a bit more olive oil, turn, and brown on the other side.
- Combine tomato sauce, basil, garlic, and remaining oregano. Place a thin layer of sauce in an 8 inch square baking pan. Arrange tofu slices in the pan. Spoon remaining sauce over tofu. Top with shredded mozzarella and remaining 3 tablespoons Parmesan.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 20 minutes.
I just moved in with a mostly German household so I am going to try and poke my roommate in to making this!
Mini German Pancakes
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. orange zest (optional)
1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Blend first six ingredients (milk thru orange zest) in a blender. Be careful to see that any flour clumps get well-blended.
- Blend in butter a little at a time in order to temper the eggs.
- Grease muffin tins well and distribute batter evenly between 24 tins (I did more like 18. Gimme Some Oven’s tins were slightly less than half-full. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup and fill it almost full.) Bake for 15 minutes, or until puffy and golden on top.
- Served with your favorite toppings. (dusting of powdered sugar and triple berry sauce or apple brandy sauce)
….Ice Cream In A Bag Less Than 10 minutes… Yummy
Here is what you will need to make homemade ice cream in a baggie:
2 Tablespoon sugar
1 cup half & half (or light cream)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup coarse salt or table salt
gallon-sized Ziploc bag
pint-sized Ziploc bag
Mix the sugar, half & half and vanilla extract together. Pour into a pint-sized Ziploc baggie. Make sure it seals tightly.
Now take the gallon-sized Ziploc bag and fill it up halfway with ice and pour the salt over the ice. Now place the cream filled bag into the ice filled bag and seal.
Make sure it is sealed tightly and start shaking. Shake for about 5 minutes (or 8 minutes if you use heavy cream.)
Open the gallon-sized bag and check to see if the ice cream is hard, if not keep shaking. Once the ice cream is finished, quickly run the closed pint-sized baggie under cold water to quickly clean the salt off the baggie.
Open the baggie and pop in a spoon.
Okay this is a great recipe and I will be trying this very soon. I love sweet and sour thing and that is what this food is about.
Banana Split Brownies and Cream Trifle
Yield: 4 servings
1 lb strawberries, sliced
2 bananas, sliced
1 large brownie, chopped very small
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
Combine the cream, sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Beat on high speed just until the cream is whipped and fluffy. Be careful not to over mix. Set aside.
Layer half of the berries and bananas in the bottom of four small bowls. Sprinkle half of the brownies on top and then layer the rest of the fruit over that. Divide the whipped cream on top of each bowl and garnish with additional fruit as desired. Enjoy!
Please try this if you suffer with migraine headaches. I know it seems crazy and why is this not in a pill but I don’t have that answer I just have this and it works and that is okay with me. Enjoy some crazy green juice that helps with migraine headaches.