I am mad today because I am at home trying to make something healthy but all I can find I have the energy for is ramin but I added some tofu so that makes it better right?
Years ago a friend asked me why she never saw fat people outside ride a bike or jogging because it would be so healthy if they did that. My reply was honest “People don’t like to see fat people working to make their lives better because fat is not healthy or pleasant to look at by most people.
I have been fat since jr high because I got really depressed after moving from Hawaii to Washington state then jr high and high school just doomed me from wanting to be out in the world doing anything. Here is the sad thing I love hiking, jogging, camping, rowing, and I love swimming and any number of outdoor healthy activities. But I found that I couldn’t find folks that like the same unless they were very much healthier than me aka skinny and they didn’t want to be held back by a fatty. So I got a job in a call center and that was in 1999 and I have almost exclusively worked in sit down, unhealthy, tedious jobs that promoted the growth of my clothing size. I am now a 4X in womens and it sucks because nothing fits comfortably and I struggle with feeling positive about how I am dressed.
Today I read a post from FaceBook that really got to me and I wanted to share it. Also good luck everyone who like to be outside and being active and if you are in the area I would love to go for a walk with you.
Hey everyone I am testing out different combos of veggies and fruits to find something good to drink. I just pressed 2 apples, one lemon, and about 4 leaves of collard greens. It’s good but I needed add a teaspoon of cane sugar for my likes. I normally do not need to add much sugar to anything but this just needed something. I need to pick up some ginger to continue playing with my juicer.
Found a good recipe I think that people would enjoy well I know I enjoy it. Going Vegan is easy with fun things like this to put in your mouth. I am still working on what I want to do about cheese because I know it is not so healthy but it’s so yummy. Forgive my weakness but I want to be happy and healthy.
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, divided
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (12 ounce) package firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon oregano, salt, and black pepper.
- Slice tofu into 1/4 inch thick slices, and place in bowl of cold water. One at a time, press tofu slices into crumb mixture, turning to coat all sides.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook tofu slices until crisp on one side. Drizzle with a bit more olive oil, turn, and brown on the other side.
- Combine tomato sauce, basil, garlic, and remaining oregano. Place a thin layer of sauce in an 8 inch square baking pan. Arrange tofu slices in the pan. Spoon remaining sauce over tofu. Top with shredded mozzarella and remaining 3 tablespoons Parmesan.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 20 minutes.
This is a fun and terrifying at the same time.
Okay this is a great video based on studies of the process our bodies use in food absorption and use of energy. Once again proving science is our best friend.
I am concluding that I might be managing my health wong… I have actually been researching this for a while and I thinking I needed to do better about eating to correct my cancer problems. Anyway I have to get to work but I really wanted to share and get people thinking this morning.